05 Jul 10 Things We Loved About the Bay Town Inn
A Review of the Bay Town Inn on the Mississippi Gulf Coast
Bay Town Inn
Bay St. Louis, MS | baytowninn.com
Address: 208 N Beach Blvd.
See Related: 5 Reasons to Visit the Mississippi Gulf Coast
A long drive will absolutely wear you out. Right before arriving at the Bay Town Inn, we were so ready to get in bed and get to sleep. Once we set foot on the porch and opened our room door, we were so pleasantly surprised at the very generous size of the suite and its fantastic decor that sleep totally left our thoughts!
The Suites Are So Spacious!
Set up more like an apartment, the Bay Town Inn feels like a home away from home. We had a seating area with couch, chairs, and tables, a kitchenette with microwave and small fridge, beautiful bathroom with toiletries and super plush rug, and a very spacious bedroom with king bed, dresser, TV, and closet (that held cushy waffle-weave robes!). The details of the beach and ocean-themed decor were incredible. I will never get over the lamp made from a knot of rope!
Special Welcoming Touches
Not only were we greeted with this fantastic space, but there was a light left on for us, a sweet hand-written welcome note from owner Nikki Moon, and COOKIES! We were so pumped to change into comfy pj’s and snack on cookies! The perfect before-bed snack after a long day!
The Property Is Gorgeous
The next morning, the full beauty of the property came into view in the sunlight. In the middle of the courtyard, the most perfectly precious frog (with a crown) fountain sprays water into a very inviting pool. Tables, chairs, and lounge chairs are available for guests. The landscaping, while beautiful, is really brought to life with little whimsical touches of metal art and statues. Overall, the entire property just felt welcoming, airy, carefree, and FUN.
10 Things We Loved About the Bay Town Inn:
- Yummy cookies to snack on and fresh muffins for breakfast.
- We were welcomed with a hand-written note from the owner. The hospitality is amazing!
- The special details in the beach-themed decor.
- The plush rug in the bathroom and comfy waffle-weave robes.
- The suites include hair dryers, small refrigerators, irons, bedside alarm clocks, and adequate plugs.
- Each room has a guest book for visitors to write their thoughts, memories, and suggestions.
- Drinks and snacks are available in the rooms, and included in the price of stay.
- Each room has a designated parking space.
- The design of the Inn, including the front porches and decor, gave it a very Southern and coastal feel.
- The location is perfect for walking around the Old Town Bay St. Louis area. There’s so much nearby!
Location, Location, Location!
The location of the Inn is ideal, with the marina and beaches literally across the street, and tons of local shops and restaurants all within walking distance. As we walked from the Bay Town Inn to our breakfast destination at the Mockingbird Cafe, Bay Town Inn owner, Nikki Moon, gave us an Old Town tour with descriptions of each shop and restaurant. Many of the shops hadn’t opened up so early in the morning, but I was doing some serious window shopping! Also serious is the Serious Bread bakery, which I wrote an entire post on!